The Truth About Healthy Relationships & The Rules Of Love - With Jay Shetty
Relationships are at the very foundation of human health. Our relationships have a profound impact on our happiness and overall well-being. But no relationship is without challenges, and today you’re going to hear about how to cultivate stronger and more intentional relationships with ourselves and the people around us.
Jay Shetty is a New York Times bestselling author, an award-winning podcast host, and the chief purpose officer for the #1 sleep and meditation app, Calm. Jay is passionate about helping folks uncover their purpose and tap into self-awareness to improve their lives. In his new book, 8 Rules of Love, Jay outlines why relationships are a skill set and how we can take actionable steps to build healthier relationships.
In this interview, you’re going to hear some of the powerful lessons from 8 Rules of Love. Jay is sharing how our relationships habits form and how we can be more purposeful about creating skills that best serve our relationships. You’ll learn how to better understand yourself, your past and current relationships, and so much more. I hope you enjoy this episode with the incredible Jay Shetty!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What mirror neurons are and how they work.
- Why Jay chose to write a book about love and relationships.
- The four important decisions we make in life.
- What it means to take a look in the karma mirror.
- The true meaning of karma.
- Why our relationship habits are often like hand-me-downs.
- What first love syndrome is.
- The details of what actually happens when the spark fades in a relationship.
- What the three-date rule is.
- A few first love archetypes, and what we can learn about ourselves from them.
- How our relationships and our health are connected.
- Different ways we tend to seek validation in relationships.
- How long it takes to really get to know someone.
- Why your partner is your guru.
- An important distinction between being alone and being in solitude.
- Why you should carve out quality time with yourself.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Organifi.com/Model -- Use the coupon code MODEL for 20% off!
- DrinkLMNT.com/model -- Get a FREE sample pack with any order!
- 8 Rules of Love by Jay Shetty
- Think Like a Monk by Jay Shetty
- Connect with Jay Shetty Website / Podcast / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
From "The Model Health Show"